Creative software developers in Pakistan have been invited by Nokia to share applications that they have developed that are relevant for people living in Pakistan.
The winning apps will receive awards and will be published on the Ovi Store for everyone to download and enjoy.
There are four categories of applications that developers can submit. These are:
Do you have an idea for an app that will help individuals reduce their personal carbon footprint? Or perhaps help people to make environmentally sound decisions in their daily lives? Then this is the category for you.
Think of great, eco-friendly apps that help save the environment.
Fun & Games
Bring on the fun with cool apps that put the user and the device to the test. Here is your chance to submit apps that are all about FUN! This includes music, multimedia, and of course games!
Do you have an idea for an addictive or simple game that helps you enjoy a long bus journey or to entertain you and your friends? What about a way to customize or make simple functions like emails or photographs more fun?
The business productivity category is for apps that make doing business on-the-go easier. Develop apps that keep tabs on your stock, quotes, give you personal bank info, and even allow you to open, read and store work files.
This category is for mobile applications that make consumer’s daily lives easier and help them to be more efficient. Think of new and easy ways to organize life with utilities or personal finance applications or simply fun new apps to remind you of important deadlines or meetings, lessons or lectures.
Make life easier with super user-friendly apps for home, work or school.
All eligible entries will be evaluated by the panel of judges based on the following criteria:
– Quality / Functionality: the application or service must be fully functional and run successfully on a Nokia device.
– Usability / Creativity: the application demonstrates superior user experience (UI, graphics, etc.) e.g. by leveraging the latest technologies.
– Uniqueness, novelty value and innovativeness: display creativity in applications, use established technology in a unique way, leverage the latest technologies, etc. In addition, the submitted app should not be available in Nokia’s Ovi Store before the start of the contest.
– Commercial viability / Market potential in Pakistan: ability to fulfill the users’ needs, customer adoption, local relevance in Pakistan.
– Nokia platform compatibility: cross-platform compatibility.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APP
Submitting an app to the contest is easy and fast. Just go to http://mea.nokia.com/makemyapp, click on the “Submit” button and follow the step-by-step instructions. Shortlisted entries will be invited to present their idea and demo of the app on a Nokia device to the Jury Panel. Participants will be informed about the presentation date and venue by email.
The Apps should be for the NOKIA S40, S60 and S^3 Platfroms.
WIN A CASH AWARD TO CARRY ON YOUR WORK
The winner in each of the four categories will get 400,000 PKR..
In addition, there are special prizes in the Think Green category:
– The second prize winner in this category will get 80,000 PKR and a Nokia smartphone.
– The third prize winner in this category will get 50,000 PKR and a Nokia smartphone.
– There’s also a surprise prize for a recycling app, or an app for environmental education.
The deadline for submissions is June 30th 2011
For any queries: write to email@example.com
P@SHA is a partner with Nokia in this activity.