P@SHA’s Chairman, Syed Ahmad, currently heads the Prime Minster’s Task Force on IT&T’s Sub-committee on IT. Proposals by P@SHA to the GoP are being considered for the upcoming budget, in addition to the following achievements over the last 12 months.
- Proposals for tech Special Technology Zones (STZs)
- Mechanism for the 5% cash reward on reported export proceeds
- P@SHA worked on Digital Policy with MoITT which was announced by former Prime Minister, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (ProPakistani, TechJuice, PakistanToday)
- PM’s Task Force on IT&T has formed sub-groups of different domains and a comprehensive list of policy recommendations is being developed.
- After the previous extension of Tax exemption on exports from 2016 till 2019, P@SHA engaged with the GoP and achieved a further extension of Tax holiday on exports in recent Digital Policy from 2019 to 2025.
- Three years’ tax exemption for startups in 2017
- Reduction of GST from 16% to 5% in IT Services in ICT; discussions with provincial tax authorities to do the same.
Networking & Visibility Opportunities
- Flagship events like P@SHA ICT Awards to highlight innovation and talent in Pakistan.
- Preparation of position holders of P@SHA ICT Awards for the APICTA Awards to represent Pakistan regionally.
- Regular member meetups and networking opportunities
- Information sessions for various discount deals of P@SHA – forex conversion rates, insurance deals etc.
- Member companies are promoted through our website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- P@SHA delegations (recent delegation to Hong Kong in April 2018) – Working with TDAP and commercial attaches on better representation of Pakistan at different International events and destinations.
- Active P@SHA WhatsApp Groups for C-level members – helpful info and advice from industry leaders, sharing of business and HR leads, business development, joint projects etc.
- Active P@SHA HR and Finance WhatsApp Groups for various discussions around important issues.
- P@SHA Jobs Facebook Page for promotion of various tech related vacancies and posts.
- Salary Survey
- List of companies working in different technologies (AI/ML, Cyber Security, Fintech etc.)
- ProWomen List
- Free Microsoft Certifications for first 100 member registrations on four modules: MS Azure Virtual Machines, Migrating Workloads to Azure, Data Science Essentials, DevOps for developers, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence.
- 50% Subsidy for GITEX Dubai 2018 through TDAP and facilitation in collaboration with Eventage.
- 50% discount on the ITCN Asia stalls for P@SHA members at the P@SHA Pavilion along with promotion on social media handles of P@SHA.
- Discount on events, seminars, workshops, hackathons etc. due to partnerships with P@SHA (EcomX, Pycon, Data Science Workshop at COMSATS, Blockchain workshops, UX Pakistan).
- Discount on passes of other events for P@SHA members organized by members or other organizations (Leaders in Islamabad – free for P@SHA members – standard ticket fee was PKR 16,000).
- P@SHA also partners with different organizations and institutions to provide benefits to its members.
- P@SHA has also partnered with NICs in Pakistan for the access of its members to emerging startups as well as for the startups to P@SHA’s membership base.
- Health Insurance deal for P@SHA members at 25% discount; more details are available here.
- Preferential dollar forex rates with HBL, JS and Meezan for P@SHA member companies.
- Discounted rates at different hotels. The rates and list is available here. Rates can only be availed if booking is made through P@SHA. Please send an email to email@example.com
- Discount on Cloud services of RapidCompute;
- 40% discount per month on packages of RC-8G and below
- 25% discount per month on packages above RC-8G
- Training & Certifications program for P@SHA members is coming up on significant discounts or some even free.
More benefits, offers and discounts are regularly shared with members.