The Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & ITES (P@SHA) elected a new Chairman and Central Executive Committee which will take charge with immediate effect for the year 2012-2013.
The new CEC members are:
CEO, InfoTech (Pvt.) Ltd.
Room 310, 3rd Floor Business Center
Block 2, PECHS, Karachi – 74400
CEO, DPL (Pvt.) Ltd.
Director, Cloud BPO (Pvt.) Ltd.
CEO, Maison Consulting
Senior Vice President, NetSol Technologies Ltd.
CEO, Sofizar (Pvt.) Ltd.
Hasan A. Rizvi
CEO, Fiver Rivers Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd.
Chairman & CEO, AutoSoft Dynamics (Pvt.) Limited
CEO, Next Generation Innovations
Jawwad Ahmed Farid
CEO, Alchemy Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd.
Manifesto for Central Executive Committee (CEC)
- The Central Executive Committee (CEC) of the Association shall be the main governing body for the whole association. It shall cause to be carried out and executed all policies, programs and resolutions formulated and enunciated by the general body of the association or by itself in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
- The CEC of the Association shall have powers to frame rules and by-laws for elections and also lay down the procedure for the same.
- It shall discuss, deal, negotiate, and communicate with the government authorities and/or private individuals in all matters concerning or affecting the business of its members. It shall have powers to appoint representatives, open branches or other activities aimed at advancing the objects of the association. It shall lay down, determine and enforce terms of the services of the staff and fix their remuneration and recruit or remove them from service in accordance with rules.
- It shall have powers to sanction expenditure and, when necessary also collect funds for any purpose within the terms of the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- It shall have power to issue or cause to be issued instructions, directives and advice to members, or other officers of the association on various matters. It shall guide and control the activities of the organization in all matters, and it shall do all that may be incidental to its duties, and of help on the promotion and development of the trade, and the economic progress of the country, within the purview of the memorandum and articles of association.
- It shall also have the authority to frame rules and regulations subject to the approval of the general body and in consonance with the memorandum and articles of association. It may also add, alter, improve and repeal regulations and bye-laws of the association provided that they do not militate against the standing rules and regulations already confirmed by the general body of the association. The central executive committee shall retire after one year but shall continue to hold office till next elections take place.
CHAIRMAN OF THE ASSOCIATION
32. The Chairman of the Association shall be the head of the entire organization including branches etc. The Chairman of the Association shall be an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee without voting right. He shall perform all other functions as may be incidental to his office or assigned to him by the General Body or the Central Executive Committee of the Association. The First Chairman shall not be removable from office for the period of two years notwithstanding any ordinary or special resolution. The Chairman and Vice Chairman shall not be from the same class of members
VICE CHAIRMAN OF THE ASSOCIATION
33. The Vice Chairman shall assist the Chairman in the performance of his duties.
a) The Central Executive Committee may appoint a President of the Association on such terms and conditions and such remuneration as may be deemed fit by the Central Executive Committee. The President may be delegated such functions as the Central Executive Committee may deem fit from time to time. The President may be removed by the Central Executive Committee.
b) The President of the Association shall be incharge of implementing all policy and management decisions taken by the Central Executive Committee and shall exercise supervisory authority and control over the functioning of the Association and the Secretary General of the Association.. The President shall have access to and control of all properties, documents, records and assets of the Association, subject to the control of the Central Executive Committee and the President may direct the Secretary General as to how to deal with the same. He shall have the power to issue and respond to all correspondences whilst the Secretary General shall maintain records and charge of all correspondence. The President shall ensure that the Secretary General convene meetings, issue notices and agenda and circulate minutes and reports of meetings and conferences sponsored, organized or called by the General Body or the Central Executive Committee of the Association. The President shall be the Public face of the Association and shall be responsible for all public policy, lobbying and execution of the policies, programs and decisions of the Association including liaising with any Government, authority, international body etc. He shall attend all meetings of committees, conferences sponsored or called by the general body of Central Executive Committee unless the decision for calling or constituting such meetings provides otherwise.
c) All paid employees of the Association shall work under the Presdient’s direction however, the day to day working and supervision of the employees shall vest with the Secretary General. He may inspect other offices of the Association as and when necessary in order to ensure unified, coordinated and efficient working. Besides, he shall perform such other duties and powers as may be incidental to his office.
SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE ASSOCIATION
i. A SECRETARY GENERAL shall be appointed through a Human Resources Committee formed under and consisting of three members of the Executive Committee and shall act in accordance with the directions of the Central Executive Committee of the Association and in keeping with the terms of the Memorandum and Articles of Association. The Secretary General shall assist the President in discharging his duties and shall follow the instructions of the President in discharge of his duties as a Secretary General. The Secretary General of the Association shall work under instructions of the President and be incharge of the day to day operations of the office of the Association and shall exercise day to day supervisory authority and control over other offices of the Associations. All property, documents, records and assets of the central office shall be in his charge, subject to the control of the Central Executive Committee. He shall have charge of all correspondence. He shall convene meetings, issue notices and agenda and circulate minutes and reports of meetings and conferences sponsored, organized or called by the General Body or the Central Executive Committee of the Association. He shall assist the President in the execution and implementation all decisions, programs and policies of the Associations. He shall attend all meetings of committees, conferences sponsored or called by the general body of Central Executive Committee unless the decision for calling or constituting such meetings provides otherwise.
ii. All paid employees of the Association shall be under him and he shall supervise and direct their working. He shall inspect other offices of the Association as and when necessary in order to ensure unified, coordinated and efficient working. Besides he shall perform such other duties and powers as may be incidental to his office.
iii. To notify all members of the Association the resignation, expulsion or cessation otherwise of any person, firm or company from the membership of the Association.
iv. To collect all dues of the Association and grant receipt thereof.
v. To keep and maintain or cause to be kept and maintained accurate accounts of the Association and of funds connected with or any way controlled by it.
vi. To counter sign all cheques issued on behalf of the Association which shall be signed by the President duly authorized by the Executive Committee.
vii. To incur incidental expenses on any item not exceeding two thousand rupees subject to such rules and regulations or bye-laws as may be framed by the Executive Committee.
viii. To represent the Association for all purposes whenever an action arises before any court of law, any suit or proceedings instituted by or against the Association but he shall not be competent to compromise any suit or proceedings without the sanction of the Executive Committee
ix. Any management employees who shall report directly to the Secretary General alone shall be appointed jointly by the SECRETARY GENERAL and the Human Resources Committee.
x. Any other staff or professional management shall be appointed through a process to be defined in the Association’s human resource policy.
xi. The termination of services of the SECRETARY GENERAL shall be through a resolution of the Executive Committee.
TREASURER OF THE ASSOCIATION
36. The Treasurer of the Association shall be an elected member of the Central Executive Committee, and shall assist the President in:
a) Maintenance and audit of books of account and record of subscriptions;
b) All financial transactions undertaken by the association.